Through the looking glass with… Richard Johnson
As part of our employee blog series, we put a different member of the Dortech Maintenance team in the hotseat every month – asking 10 quickfire questions about their role, personality and the world of commercial glazing, all in 10 minutes!
With not long on the clock, they have to be fast! Next up, it’s the turn of our maintenance engineer, Richard Johnson…
Name: Richard Johnson
Job title: Maintenance engineer
- Describe working at Dortech in three words:
Exciting, friendly and professional.
- Sum up your typical day in a sentence:
At the minute, I meet customers – investigating and surveying their glazing maintenance requirements, reporting my findings and passing all the information on to the estimating team for quoting.
- Are you an early bird or night owl?
I’m an early bird – my body clock wakes me up at around 5:45am every morning!
- Your favourite Dortech project/site visit to date:
I’m relatively new to the team, but so far my favourite project has got to be the Wakefield Council offices. It was a very interesting job and also gave me the chance to meet some of the maintenance engineers on site.
- What’s your favourite driving song?
‘Our House’ by Madness – I love the 80s!
- What’s one item you couldn’t live without?
Sky Sports – from football to cricket, I love it all!
- Tea or coffee?
Coffee, but only one first thing in a morning as I drink water and juice after that.
- Your favourite sandwich filling?
My favourite sandwich filling is tuna, onion and tomato ketchup – honestly, don’t knock it until you’ve tried it.
- How would your colleagues describe you in one word?
They would probably describe me as ‘experienced’, as I’ve worked within the industry for 30 years.
- If you weren’t a maintenance engineer, what would you like to be?
I’d like to be a professional footballer!