Through the looking glass with… Nicole French
As part of our newest blog series, we put a different member of the Dortech Maintenance team in the hotseat every month – asking 10 quickfire questions about their role, personality and the world of commercial glazing, all in 10 minutes!
With not long on the clock, they have to be fast! Next up, it’s the turn of our Maintenance administrator, Nicole French…
Name: Nicole French
Job title: Maintenance administrator
- Describe working at Dortech in three words: Friendly, focused and driven.
- Sum up your typical day in a sentence: At the moment, I’m helping out with a variety of Maintenance tasks. I keep the ‘live jobs’ spreadsheet up to date, record all key data for the division, answer the phones, and liaise with our PR team regarding upcoming projects – as well as help out in the other departments where I can. I will gradually be taking on more work from the Maintenance manager Dave too, to enable him to be more site-based.
- Are you an early bird or night owl? I’m an early bird! I love to have a nice breakfast and go to work with a clear head, whereas at the end of the day I just want my bed!
- Your favourite Dortech project/site visit to date: My favourite Dortech project has got to be Sentinel Towers – a student accommodation site, based in Leeds. It’s very interesting to see how each individual room gets surveyed and repaired by the team.
- What’s your favourite driving song? I don’t really have a favourite – I sing along to them all on Capital FM in the morning, on my way to the office.
- What’s one item you couldn’t live without? I couldn’t live without my phone! I confess that I’m a massive social media lover and wouldn’t be able to go a day without Instagram, Snapchat or Facebook – this does come in useful for my job though!
- Tea or coffee? Coffee 100% – it just keeps me going! I do like tea too, but it doesn’t give the same caffeine hit.
- Your favourite sandwich filling? It has to be Nutella – I’ve always had a sweet tooth.
- How would your colleagues describe you in one word? They would probably describe me as bubbly, as I’m very friendly and outgoing.
- If you weren’t a Maintenance administrator, what would you like to be? I’d like to be a social media influencer, make-up artist or TV personality – I love everything showbiz!
If you’d like to check out our other Maintenance employee Q&As, click here!