This is our latest bespoke glass structure installation incorporating; aluminium bi-folding doors, triangular clerestory fixed lights and bespoke, large span glazing and powder coated aluminium flashings. Our designers followed some very strict criteria set out by our client to create a glazed building extension that was sympathetic to the construction of the existing building, enhanced the external views, provided flexibility in respect to its usage and maximised the amount of natural daylight.
We selected aluminium as the best material to work with which offers the benefits of achieving large structural spans, thin sight-lines and is available in a multitude of different colours.
Working with our supply partner Senior Architectural Systems Ltd, the client selected their PURe Aluminium Bi-folding door system which offers a whole host of benefits over rival bi-folding door systems, including:
- Door leaf sizes up to 1000mm wide x 2616mm high.
- Robust design to take leaf weights up to 100Kg.
- The option of a Rebated low threshold.
- High tech roller design ensures years of trouble-free operation.
- 40+ years life expectancy, when installed and maintained in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Able to receive double or triple glazing up to 48mm for maximum thermal and acoustic performance.
- U-Values as low as 0.93 W/m2K when calculated as a CEN Standard door.
The fantastic performance of this door system, coupled with its slim profiles and excellent quality door fittings & ironmongery meant that this was the best system to use of this project. The doors were then set into a solid timber structure, complimented by a 2,500mm high piece of unbroken glass to provide a full, panoramic view of the surrounding countryside.
USA Today Best Selling Author, Susan Stephens was absolutely delighted with the work of our team and stated, “The glazing installation is fantastic and I will certainly recommend Dortech to others. The whole team from start to finish have been courteous and have taken on board all my comments and requirement through the entire process, from design to installation. I was particularly impressed by Dortechs attention to detail and their site engineers accessibility and focus on making sure the job was done to my satisfaction”.